(THE INDEPENDENT) Children refusing to put down their phones is a common flashpoint in many homes, with a third of British children aged 12 to 15 admitting they do not have a good balance between screen time and other activities.
But in the US, the problem has become so severe for some families that children as young as 13 are being treated for digital technology addiction.
One ‘smartphone rehab’ centre near Seattle has started offering residential “intensive recovery programs” for teenagers who have trouble controlling their use of electronic devices.
…A recent survey of 1,500 parents found that, on average, UK children own their first mobile phone by the age of seven, followed by a tablet aged eight and a smartphone aged 10.
And a report published last year by Ofcom found that 64 per cent of children aged 12 to 15 and 65 per cent of parents of children in that age group said the teenagers’ “screen time” was under control.
More Articles For Your Consideration...
- New “Smart Phone” Will Be Quietly Studying Your Behavior And Reacting In Real-Time
- DOT Creating A Nationwide Spying Database Of Everyone’s Cell Phones, Bluetooth Devices And License Plates
- Computers Are Being Taught To Help Handle Our Feelings
- Activism On Covert Neuro-Experimentation / Directed-Energy Weapons: Tyrone Dew Informs Jeremy Scahill, John Mcafee, Spike Lee, Rohinie Bisesar
- Silent Sound (S.S.S.S.) Psychotronic Mind Control for the Masses
- In Smart Cities Of The Future, Posters And Street Signs Can Talk
- Why Family Scapegoats Become Lifelong Victims
- AI-Enhanced Speed Cameras Can Catch You Texting, Notify Police
- Millions Of Children Being Shaped By Siri, Alexa, Google Home, Cortana
- These Talking Toys Record Everything They Hear
- Robot Nannies To Take Over Adult Responsibilities To Care For Children
- Obama Hired Behavioral Experts To Expand Use Of Govt. Programs
- Will The High-Tech Cities Of The Future Be Utterly Lonely?
- Big Brother On Your Wrist, In Your Pocket & Inside Your Head
- Is It Already Too Late To Consider The Ethics Of Mind Control Technology?
- DARPA: Mind Control And Mark Of The Beast Technologies
- Super SEALs: Elite Units Pursue Brain-Stimulating Technologies
- Elon Musk Plans To Install Computers Directly Into Human Brains