Today is the 20th anniversary of the ATF’s attack on the Branch Davidians outside Waco, Texas. National Guard helicopters played a key role in the initial attack; 51 days later, Army tanks would lead the final assault.
I thought Waco might be the most important public education lesson of the 1990s, but I don’t see the learning curve yet. Most Americans forgot or never undertstood Waco, paving the way for politicians to commit other grave abuses in the following years.
Following are a few pieces I did on Waco back in ‘95, when some members of Congress briefly acted like they gave a damn about the carnage.
- A Third Of Americans “Will Have Only One Choice” On Their Obamacare Plan Next Year
- Secret Cameras Have Been Warrantlessly Recording An Entire City’s Every Move From Above
- All Prisons Are Private Prisons
- Predictive Policing Uses ‘Foursquare’ To Spy On Taxis And Public Transportation
- Your ‘Smart’ Power Outlets Are Now Botnets Thanks To The Internet Of Broken Things
- University Study Shows How Prison Populations Skyrocket — Despite Record Low Crime
- Self-Flying Security Guard Employs Artificial Intelligence
- Brave New World: Scientists Now Able To Encode ‘Memories’ In Human DNA
- Oxford Study Finds Trump Has More Psychopathic Traits Than Hitler
- Cost Of U.S. Healthcare Now 800% Higher Per Person Than It Was In 1960, Even When Adjusted For Inflation